Owls swoop for Gardner


Defender arrives at Hillsborough after Palace deal expires

Last Updated: June 20, 2012 10:34pm
Anthony Gardner: Has joined Sheffield Wednesday on two-year deal
Anthony Gardner: Has joined Sheffield Wednesday on two-year deal

Sky Bet

  • Claim your free bet now
Sheffield Wednesday have secured the signing of Crystal Palace defender Anthony Gardner on a two-year deal.
The former Tottenham and Hull centre-back, capped once by England in a 2004 friendly against Sweden, spent the past two seasons at Selhurst Park, where he was out of contract.
"This is a great move for me," said Gardner.
"I am really impressed with the ambition of the manager and the chairman and, as everyone knows,Sheffield Wednesday have a huge fan base.

Ambition

"The club has the ambition and the drive to succeed and that is what has attracted me to Hillsborough.
"I have played a lot of my career in the Premier League and that is where I want to return to. I have no intention of coming to a club that is just out to consolidate in the Championship. I want to succeed and that is why I have come to Sheffield Wednesday."
Owls boss Dave Jones added: "I am really pleased to bring a player of Anthony's calibre to the club. It has taken a little longer than anticipated because of circumstances - he was away while I was away and vice versa but I kept in contact with him throughout that time.
"He gave me his word and he stuck to it. Anthony is a quality player and a leader, with Championship and Premier League pedigree. He will help take Sheffield Wednesday forward."
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 commentaires

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© ComingSport
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top