Cesc - I knew it



Spain's penalty winner insisted he had a premonition

Last Updated: June 27, 2012 11:14pm
Cesc Fabregas: Mobbed by his team-mates after scoring the winner
Cesc Fabregas: Mobbed by his team-mates after scoring the winner

Sky Bet

  • Claim your free bet now
Cesc Fabregas insisted that he had a premonition that he would score the winning penalty for Spain again.

The Barcelona star, who came on early in the second-half for Vicente del Bosque's men and impressed, slotted home the winning penalty against Portugal on Wednesday to send his country to the final of Euro 2012.
It was a repeat for Fabregas after he did the same at Euro 2008 when they beat Italy and he claimed he knew what was coming.
"I had intuition and wanted the fifth penalty," he said after the match.
"I told Toni Grande [Spanish assistant] I thought I could repeat that great moment [from the Italian match].
"They told me intially to take the second one but I said no give me the fifth as I had this premonition."

Talked to the ball

Fabregas says he was not happy with how he played, but was delighted to go through.
"I played awful but the team has worked a lot and had the desire," he said.
"I regret telling my family not to come. I'm very excited."
Fabregas was seen speaking to the ball before taking his spot-kick and he joked: "I think I've talked to the ball I do not know what I said to the ball.
"I think I said to the ball that we had to make history and it shouldn't let me down."
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 commentaires

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© ComingSport
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top