United switch excites Kagawa


It is an environment I've never experienced before, says Japan star

Last Updated: June 25, 2012 3:48pm
Shinji Kagawa: Looking forward to the exciting and tough challenges ahead at Old Trafford
Shinji Kagawa: Looking forward to the exciting and tough challenges ahead at Old Trafford

Sky Bet

  • Claim your free bet now
Shinji Kagawa has spoken of his excitement at signing his contract with Manchester United last week.

The Japan international penned a four-year deal at Old Trafford on Friday after agreeing a transfer from Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund earlier this month.
The 23-year-old cannot wait to get started with the Red Devils after being impressed by the club's Carrington training ground.
"First, I went to the training facility, then signed at Old Trafford," he told reporters at Narita International Airport.
"Though it was a short stay, it meant a lot. It was a memorable day for me. There were many contracts to sign, which made me realise how big the club is.
"What came to my mind was how exciting and tough a challenge this is, and how scoring goals at this stadium would make me so happy.
"United is a fantastic organisation. For instance, the training facility is very well maintained. It is an environment I had never experienced before.
"I was excited to see the stadium. Having imagined myself playing there as my home stadium, I was impressed. Everyone welcomed me warmly and said 'Thank you for signing with us'.
"I know this is just the beginning but I am glad I have made it to the starting point."

Shirt number

There has been some speculation that Kagawa could wear United's famous No.7 shirt, worn in the past by such stars as George Best, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo.
The shirt is currently vacant at Old Trafford following Michael Owen's exit at the end of the season but Kagawa has downplayed suggestions an agreement has already been reached.
Asked if he had discussed the shirt number, he said: "We did but nothing will be confirmed till Sir Alex (Ferguson) comes back.
"Since I am very new to the club, I have no intention to get a 'big' number. Let's wait and see how it goes."


Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *
*
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 commentaires

 
© ComingSport
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top