Bannan up for the fight


Scot to start with a clean slate under new manager at Villa

Last Updated: June 25, 2012 1:08pm
Barry Bannan: The Aston Villa man wants to produce the best season of his career so far
Barry Bannan: The Aston Villa man wants to produce the best season of his career so far

Sky Bet

  • Claim your free bet now
Barry Bannan admits he is facing the fight of his life as he bids to establish himself in Aston Villa's first team under new boss Paul Lambert.

The 22-year-old joined the club at 14 and enjoyed a meteoric rise through the youth ranks at the Bodymoor Heath academy to the first team.
But since his debut three-and-a-half-years ago Bannan has made a total of just 27 starts and the same again in substitute appearances for the Midlands side.
And Bannan fears he will be shipped out of the club if he does not establish himself as a regular under Lambert.
"It's probably make or break for me this season if I'm being honest," said Bannan to the Birmingham Mail.
"It's a big, big season. I'm 22 now and I've got to be playing so hopefully I can have a strong pre-season and show the gaffer what I'm about.
"My aim this season is to be one of the main players in this team. I definitely think there's a lot more to come from me and I haven't fulfilled my potential just yet.
"I think I've shown it in flashes but not quite enough over a period of time. It's hard, especially last season as well when we weren't really winning games. It's tough for us.
"But hopefully this season with the new gaffer we'll start winning games and hopefully I can be a big part of that team."


Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *
*
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 commentaires

 
© ComingSport
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top