Terriers take Norwood


Highly-rated midfielder completes move from Manchester United

Last Updated: June 29, 2012 4:59pm
Oliver Norwood: Has signed a three-year contract with Huddersfield Town
Oliver Norwood: Has signed a three-year contract with Huddersfield Town

Sky Bet

  • Claim your free bet now
Huddersfield Town have announced that Oliver Norwood has joined the club on a three-year contract from Manchester United.
Sky Sports revealed on Friday that the highly-rated midfielder wasin talks with the Terriers, and he will officially link up with his new employers once his contract at Old Trafford comes to an end on 1st July - with a compensation package having already been agreed with the Red Devils.
Championship new boys Huddersfield are delighted to have acquired the services of the 21-year-old, who shone last season while on loan at Coventry City, and expect him to play a leading role in their second tier endeavours next season.
Manager Simon Grayson told the club's official website: "I am delighted to have secured the signing of Oliver, he is a brilliant footballer and someone that I believe will do well for the football club.
"Oliver turned down a number of other clubs to be part of our team and with the Championship experience that he will bring, I believe he will be a key player for us.
"Manchester United offered him a new deal, but he wanted to leave to pursue his career, which says a lot about him."

Ambition

Northern Ireland international Norwood added: "I am over the moon to have become a Huddersfield Town player.
"I met with the manager and after speaking to him and the chairman there was only ever one club I was going to join. His ambition for the club matches where I want to take my career and I see this move as the best step for me.
"I had been at Manchester United from the age of seven and I love the club, it was always a dream to play for United, but there comes a time when you have to be realistic.
"I want to make a career for myself, I don't want to be constantly going out on loan, I want to settle at a club."
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 commentaires

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© ComingSport
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top