Torres admits all-time low


Spanish hit-man happy to return to form

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey.   Last Updated: June 16, 2012 12:26pm
Fernando Torres: Happy to hit form again
Fernando Torres: Happy to hit form again

Sky Bet

  • Claim your free bet now
Fernando Torres has admitted he hit an all-time low last season and at one point fell out of love with football.
The Spanish striker returned to form for his country in midweek as he hit a brace in their 4-0 thrashing of Republic of Ireland.
It was a big moment for the Chelsea striker, who at one stage this season was looking doubtful to make the Spain squad for Euro 2012 after he was dropped by coachVicente del Bosque.
"Del Bosque phoned me before dropping me for the Venezuela friendly and I fully understood. I had lost some of my love for being at work," he said.
"I had stopped setting an example to younger players, which is something I was taught to do at Atletico Madrid.
"Being picked for Spain had become a habit. Now it is a prize again."
Speaking about his display in Gdansk, he added: "I was pleased with my personal performance and very happy to have scored but I'm mainly happy because the team won.
"We're confident now because we feel as strong as ever, because we played well. We have to keep playing like this.
"We knew scoring early would set us up well. We needed the comfort that brought us. That got rid of the doubts and opened up the game."
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 commentaires

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© ComingSport
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top