Rooney reveals Euro fear


England striker not worried about temperament ahead of Ukraine tie

Last Updated: June 17, 2012 3:54pm
Rooney returning to action

Sky Bet

  • Claim your free bet now
Wayne Rooney concedes there was a concern he would miss out on Euro 2012 and is confident he can handle the pressure of England's final group game against Ukraine.
The striker has sat out England's opening two matches through suspension after being sent off in the final qualifier against Montenegro last autumn.
He was dismissed for kicking out at Miodrag Dzudovic and there were fears that UEFA would impose a three-match ban on theManchester United forward.
Such a punishment would have left England coach Roy Hodgson in a quandary over whether to select Rooney, and the 26-year-old is just happy to be available again.

Happy

"I think certainly when it was a three-game ban I thought I probably wouldn't be here," said Rooney onSky Sports News.
"I'm happy I'm here and I've been looking forward to it. I'm available to play, so I'm excited."
With co-hosts Ukraine needing to beat England to progress to the quarter-finals, a white-hot atmosphere in the Donbass Arena in Donetsk is expected on Tuesday.
Rooney has no worries about going into such a potentially volatile environment and he has dismissed any suggestions his temperament will not stand up to the occasion.
He added: "We've been to a lot of stadiums around Europe and around the world, and we've had to deal with this atmosphere on a lot of occasions.
"Look at Turkey away, a few years ago, that's as hostile as you're going to get.
"I understand it's going to be a big atmosphere and it's something you have to deal with. We're experienced enough to deal with that.
"What happened (against Montenegro) was a mistake. I understood that, and apologised to the guy. That's gone and I paid the price.
"I've got no problems with my attitude and no problems with my temperament. I'm happy and ready to play."
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 commentaires

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© ComingSport
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top