Mido ready for Tykes challenge


Barnsley is a club with a lot of passion, says new Egyptian signing

Last Updated: June 21, 2012 4:42pm
Mido: The former Tottenham forward is hoping to enjoy success at Barnsley
Mido: The former Tottenham forward is hoping to enjoy success at Barnsley

Sky Bet

  • Claim your free bet now
Egypt international Mido claims his move to Championship club Barnsley represents a 'very important step' in his career.
The former Tottenham and Roma striker made a surprise move to the Tykes after leaving Egyptian club Zamalek.
With some illustrious clubs on his CV and still just 29, the signing is something of a coup for managerKeith Hill.
Barnsley finished just one place above the Championship drop zone last season but Mido is going into the challenge with his eyes wide open.

Important step

He told Sky Sports News: "I think Barnsley is a very important step in my career and hopefully I can do well here.
"I have played in different leagues - Holland, France, Italy and Spain - and always thought the best league for me and the way I play is England.
"I came here last week to meet the manager and I liked what he said to me and his plans.
"I think it's a club with a lot of passion and hopefully me coming here will help them.
"I know there are some new signings being made and it's a really tough competition, much harder than people think.
"There are a lot of good teams. A lot of good teams got relegated last year from the Premier League.
"It will be difficult but with hard work we can do well and get ourselves in a good position up the table."
Mido started his career at Zamalek and returned to the club last year after playing for numerous sides across Europe.
But things turned sour at the Egyptian outfit when they had trouble paying players' wages.
Problems
Asked what had happened at Zamalek, Mido explained: "The revolution happened and the football stopped. I had to get myself back to Europe.
"The club goes on but they had to get rid of high-paid played with all the economic problems there. The sponsors were not paying the club so it was a big problem."
Mido could make his Championship debut for Barnsley in their first league game of the season against former club Middlesbrough at Oakwell.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 commentaires

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© ComingSport
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top