McCoist - I nearly quit


Gers boss focused on club's future after peace talks with Green

Last Updated: June 16, 2012 10:16am
Ally McCoist: Rangers manager was furious at claims he may be removed but currently plans to stay
Ally McCoist: Rangers manager was furious at claims he may be removed but currently plans to stay

Sky Bet

  • Claim your free bet now
Rangers manager Ally McCoist has admitted he considered walking away from the club before holding peace talks with Charles Green.
McCoist was on the brink of quitting Ibrox amid reports that newco chief executive Green was planning to replace him as manager.
But Green assured McCoist he was part of his future plans and he has agreed to take charge of newly formed The Rangers FC as they wait to find out what league they will be playing in next season.
"At first when I was told there might have been a move to get me out my reaction was natural. I was furious," he told the Daily Record.

Confront

"I did confront Charles Green about it on Wednesday. I was looking for answers and that meeting didn't end well.
"I was then left with no other option but to contemplate my future believing that I wasn't part of the plans. It was clear we had to sit down and talk about all of this and we had another meeting yesterday.
"I've reassessed my position and taken a step back from the brink. As things stand at the moment I am still manager.
"At critical times we all have to consider our futures but having said that the most important thing is not my future or what happens with Charles Green.
"The most important thing is the future of my club.
"Right now that is all that matters. So let's all just see what happens but it must always be the right thing for Rangers."
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 commentaires

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© ComingSport
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top