Vertonghen ready for Prem test


Spurs new boy looking forward to English challenge

Last Updated: July 8, 2012 3:52pm
Jan Vertonghen: Will be turning out in the Premier League for Tottenham next season
Jan Vertonghen: Will be turning out in the Premier League for Tottenham next season

Sky Bet

  • Claim your free bet now
Jan Vertonghen believes he is ready to face the challenges of the Premier League head on after agreeing to join Tottenham Hotspur.
The centre-half arrives at White Hart Lane having forged quite a reputation during his time at Ajax.
A number of clubs were keen to add his defensive qualities to their ranks, but it is Spurs who have secured his signature.
Vertonghen is delighted to have seen a protracted transfer saga reach a conclusion and is confident he can handle the demands of life in the English top-flight.
"I am very relieved," he told Sky Sports News HD.
"It went on for a long time, but I'm glad I'm a Tottenham player right now and I'm looking forward to playing for the club.
"I am 25 years old now and I feel ready to play in the Premier League. I have heard a lot of good stories from my Belgian team-mates. I think I'm ready."

Fans

Tottenham first made their interest in Vertonghen known during Harry Redknapp's managerial reign, but he has since been replaced by Andre Villas-Boas.
Vertonghen said: "I heard that Harry Redknapp really wanted me to play for Tottenham, but now it's Andre Villas-Boas. To me, that doesn't matter. I just want to play for the club and I hope I can please the fans at the club."
Spurs have already agreed a deal for Hoffenheim playmaker Gylfi Sigurdsson this summer and are doing all they can to keep the highly sought-after Luka Modric in north London.
Vertonghen hopes the Croatian can be persuaded to stay, with Tottenham setting their sights on another top-four challenge next season.
He said: "They have a lot of good players and I hope they will stay. I am not one of the directors, but I hope the players will stay and we will have a good team next year."
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 commentaires

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© ComingSport
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top