Khan's Torch delight

Former Olympian delighted to be carrying Flame in Bolton

Last Updated: May 30, 2012 5:16pm
Khan feels honoured
Amir Khan has spoken of his delight at being able to carry the Olympic Torch ahead of London 2012, reminding him of the event where his career started.
Khan was a precocious 17-year-old when he won an Olympic boxing silver at the Athens Olympics back in 2004, and he has gone on to become one of the biggest professional boxing stars in the world.
Khan will carry the Olympic Torch in Bolton, and he told Sky Sports News he was immensely proud to have been given the honour.
"It an honour for me to hold the torch and do the relay," said Khan. "I remember being in the Olympic Games in 2004 and so much has happened since.
"For them to pick me to hold the torch and run with it is going to be a great experience for me and my family so I can't wait to do that, in Bolton as well.
"It's going to be brilliant day tomorrow, at first I thought I might be missing it because of the fight preparations, but luckily the fight got moved from 7th of July to the 14th so it gave me an extra week in the UK.
"It's going to be a day I remember all my life."
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 commentaires

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© ComingSport
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Released under Creative Commons 3.0 CC BY-NC 3.0
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top